Tuesday, 27 December 2011

It’s good to be a Tottenham fan (today!)

Alright there are still 21 games to go but I can’t stop looking at this fuckin’ league table!

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2011-2012/table

I have been a Tottenham fan for thirty odd years and I have been waiting for a long time for this. I know, I know I don’t look that old ;) I don’t know what the double winners were like I wasn’t born but this team really looks good, so good that we have an Ex-Gooner who’s still a Manchester City player scoring and assisting the bit out and none of our fans are even bothered they cheer as hard for him as they do for anyone else! Don’t really care either that we’re out of Europe.

I don’t know what’s going to happen, wouldn’t like to say to be honest, I have seen the worst of times and the best of times (from the point of view of cup winners) but this team is playing (ATM!) with real championship class and I am chuffed to say it really is a good time to be a Tottenham supporter!

Harry has a real striker conundrum but so far no one has started whinging that they’re not getting a game they all seem to be enjoying their Football so much that they’re just getting on with it. We were unlucky to lose at Stoke but it’s well known that the Britannia is a tough place to go.

Of course nothing ever runs smoothly in Football. Harry has a court case and Capello will be leaving the England fray next year which means you know what! Modric will again be fair game for the teams that buy leagues and who knows what kind of stupid money those same conglomerates might start offering for the Welsh fella!

But in spite of it all good, bad or indifferent I couldn’t care less I just keep looking at the league table and smiling and no matter what happens, right now at this moment it’s good to be a Tottenham fan and it’s been a long time coming! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment