Monday, 18 June 2012

What’s going on with Kate Nash?

What’s going on with Kate Nash?

What is up with us seriously? Of course I don’t need to ask myself that question because trust me I am well aware of what is up with humanity but the problem with knowing is that it’s pretty immense and I am currently formulating a way that I can I summarise it as much as possible and eventually get a book out of it. I ask the question really just to stress the fact that there really is something up.

http://news.uk.msn.com//blog/trending-blogpost.aspx?post=5b0ba040-b7e1-43f9-8d7c-469525f5c603


Kate Nash has a new look and a new sound apparently. I haven’t listened to her new single and I don’t need to, this is not about whether or not I think she’s any good, it’s about social opinions about people who ’change’. I didn’t like her first single, it’s not my type of music but I could hear a certain originality in it. I don’t listen to much pop music, it is very rare nowadays that I actually get to like something in the charts. The headline on MSN was “What’s going on with Kate Nash?” This of course implies that there is something up with her but I had a look at her website and at bits and pieces of news about her and she seems to be doing the best as far as I can see.

People who don’t create are consumers and they are also the worst kind of critics. They know nothing about the creative process and are not aware that in some cases the artists are actually following their hearts and not doing what they are doing just to sell records but rather the creative process is leading them wherever they end up going. I think Kate Nash is doing just this. You can’t keep doing the same thing, it gets trite. You have to continually approach the process from different angles to see how much emotion you can express. Creativity is about being comfortable with yourself, it’s about contentment, it’s not about money.

People seem to constantly compare everything that people do either to what they did before or to what other people are doing. It is up to the artist to compare so they can put their work in context and develop. According to everyone this could be the worst record ever but if Kate is happy with it, it doesn’t matter what people think. This culture of gossip is killing creativity because the artists need to go at their own pace and they need make mistakes in order to grow and learn.

Aside from the individual reasons and expressions, everything changes, do they expect Kate Nash to just keep bringing out more records that sound just like ‘Foundations’ which got to number two? These people just constantly sit around putting ticks and crosses on everything and they have no idea what they are talking about. Leave people the fuck alone, creative people are on a quest to better themselves through the advancement of their art, if you don’t have something constructive to say don’t say it. I am sure Kate Nash is already well aware of her own flaws and quirks she doesn’t need thousands of idiots going on about how good her last record was while she is trying her damnedest to reach her own level of balance.

These people are dangerously comfortable, so much so they that they think everything should stay the same. I am afraid they’re all going to wake up one morning and realise that life is actually quite tough and the only way to traverse it is with as much dignity and grace as you can muster. This will help them and it will help the people around them. We need to be encouraging one another and helping each other out.

We are all naturally creative, it is a basic human instinct, so why don’t you turn the TV off and grow a set of balls and start doing something with your life instead of slobbering about what everyone else is doing with theirs?

Fair play to Kate Nash, I applaud her and she hope she does well in any endeavour she undertakes. She is braver and more talented than any of the worms who are criticising her.

No comments:

Post a Comment